I was stuck in pain and in shock until I came to the Wendt Center. I have gained so much insight and peace. My emotional reactiveness has calmed. The combination of individual and group therapy has been golden for me. I am forever grateful.— Wendt Center Client
Our group therapy provides a place for people to express the many emotions associated with grief and trauma in a safe, supportive and confidential environment. We offer support groups for adults, children, teens and families.
Group Therapy for Adults, Children, Teens and Families
Our Group Coordinator will assess if a group is the most appropriate therapeutic service or make other recommendations.
- Therapy groups are held both in-person and remotely (through teletherapy).
- Therapy groups are led by licensed clinicians.
- Clinicians use talk and art as well as other modes of intervention based on the ages and dynamics of the group.
- We accept some insurances for group services, or you can choose to pay a fee of $40 per session.
- To inquire about group offerings, please call (202) 204-5021.
- All inquiries are confidential.
We offer the following therapy groups:
- Children’s Grief Group, ages 7-10
- Tween Grief Group, ages 11-13
- Teen Grief Group, ages 14-18
- Spouse and Partner Loss Group
- Parent Loss Group
- Sibling Loss Group
- Child Loss Group
- Homicide Loss Group
- Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Group
- Sexual Assault Group
- Adult Suicide Loss Group
- Mindfulness and Grief Group