Our group therapy provides a place for people to express the many emotions associated with grief and trauma in a safe, supportive and confidential environment. We offer support groups for adults, children, teens and families.
Group Therapy for Adults, Children, Teens and Families
Our Group Coordinator will assess if a group is the most appropriate therapeutic service or make other recommendations.
- Therapy Groups are held at both Wendt Center offices.
- Therapy groups are led by licensed, experienced Clinicians.
- We accept some insurances for group services, or you can choose to pay a fee of $35 per session.
- Prior to joining a group, a clinical assessment is required (unless you have completed one with the Wendt Center in the previous year). This may or may not be conducted by the group facilitator. The fee for this assessment follows our normal pricing for individual client sessions. We accept some insurances for this assessment. If insurance is not an option, the full cost for an assessment is $145 with a licensed clinician, $40 with an intern (limited slots available), and there is also a sliding-fee scale.
- Advance registration is required for all groups.
- All inquiries are confidential.
We offer the following support groups year-round:
- Children’s Grief Group – ages 7-10
- Spouse /Partner Loss Support Group
- Adult Suicide Bereavement Support Group
- Adult Grief Support Group
- Teen Grief Group – ages 14-18
- Mindfulness and Grief Group
- Tween Grief Group – ages 11-13
Our group therapy provides a place for people to express the many emotions associated with grief and trauma in a safe, supportive and confidential environment. Each individual’s reaction to their experience is unique and everyone is encouraged both to share his or her views and to honor the views of others. Licensed professionals facilitate our groups for individuals and families dealing with these issues. Facilitators use talk and art as well as other modes of intervention based on the ages and dynamics of the group.
To learn more about our groups or learn about any special groups we are offering, please call our main office at 202-624-0010.