Updated: May 2023
This collaborative program between Arena Stage and the Wendt Center for Loss and Healing is a phenomenal opportunity for grieving teens in grades 9-12 to share their voices, perform on stage, learn about their grief, educate others about grief, and build relationships with their peers. Teaching artists and a grief therapist will support ensemble members onsite during all rehearsals.
Over four months, teens will participate in weekly sessions to develop a script about their feelings, thoughts, memories, and experiences of death-related losses. The program will culminate in a performance of their script at the May 2023 Voices of Now festival and the Wendt Center community forum.
2023 Performance Dates
- Arena Stage Voices of Now Festival – May 17-19, 2023
- Wendt Center Grief Forum – Sunday, May 21, 2023
A special thank you to to Arena Stage directors/devisers Fareed Mostoufi and Rebecca Campana and Wendt Center grief therapist Pam Leiber and clinical intern Aaryn Kopp.
Applications are now closed.
- Format: In-Person
- Date & Time: February 21, 2023 – May 21, 2023; Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm
- Location: Arena Stage (1101 6th Street SW, Washington, DC)
- Cost: Free
- Vaccine/Mask Policy: All participants must be vaccinated. Exceptions are made for medical or religious reasons. Masks are mandatory.
Community service hours are provided to participants who complete the program.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.