Unless otherwise indicated, the Wendt Center owns all legal right, title and interest in the Site and all materials posted on it, in any media, including any and all intellectual property rights. These materials include, but are not limited to, articles, text, graphics, still images, video, audio, trademarks and logos.
The Wendt Center gives its consent for third parties to reproduce, distribute, or publish any of the Wendt Center’s articles or other written materials on this website for non-commercial, educational purposes so long as they are unaltered and accompanied by proper attribution. Attribution should be to “Wendt Center at www.wendtcenter.org” or to “Wendt Center” with a hyperlink to the written material as it appears at www.wendtcenter.org. Any other use of Wendt Center materials on this website, including any use of an image or a video or audio clip, requires advance written approval by Wendt Center. In addition, you may not use any of our trademarks without prior written permission. Permission to reproduce, distribute, or publish materials on this website that are the property of another entity or individual, and not Wendt Center, must be obtained directly from that entity or individual. If you are interested in obtaining approvals from Wendt Center or for further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medical and Legal Disclaimer
The information on the Site is provided for the general purpose of furthering the Center’s mission of helping those facing grief, loss, life-threatening illness, and trauma. It does not constitute medical or legal advice, or psychological counseling. The Site is not used to make diagnoses, prescribe medicine, provide treatment, or provide legal advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals, therapists, or attorneys who are familiar with your individual medical, psychological, and legal needs.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (‘DMCA’) Notice
The Wend Center for Loss and Healing (the “Center”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects website users will do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website, the Center will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Center websites (the “Sites”) that are reported to the Center’s Designated Copyright Agent identified in the sample notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Sites by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to the Center. Upon receipt of the DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement as described below, the Center will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the Sites.
DMCA NOTICE OF ALLEGED INFRINGEMENT
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice of Alleged Infringement – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify (i) the material that you claim is infringing or the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed (or access to which is to be disabled), together with information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Sites where such material may be found; and (ii) the reference or link to the material or activity that you claim to be infringing that is to be removed (or access to which is to be disabled), together with information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that reference or link, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Sites where such reference or link may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice of Alleged Infringement:
‘I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
‘I hereby state that the information in this Notice of Alleged Infringement is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
- Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to the Center:
4201 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20008