We are incredibly excited to share with you that 2022 will be the 10th year of collaboration between the Wendt Center for Loss and Healing and Arena Stage for the Voices of Now (VON) program. We are currently accepting applications for this year’s teen grief ensemble!
VON is a year-long drama program that devises autobiographical plays and films with ensembles. Voices of Now plays/films are fast-paced, collaboratively written physical pieces that pose challenging social questions relevant to the ensemble of artists and their communities. It is a phenomenal opportunity for teens to collaborate and make sure their voice and experience are heard!
- Applicants must currently be in the 8th – 12th grade (13-18 YEARS OLD).
- Applicants must live in DC/MD or VA to participate in this program.
- Applicants must have experienced a death related loss of a significant individual in their life.
- Applicants participate in weekly sessions beginning in February 2022 – May 2022 (Tuesday nights 6PM – 7:30 pm VIRTUALLY), developing a script about their feelings, thoughts, memories and experiences related to death related losses in their lives. Access to Wi-Fi and an ipad/tablet, smartphone or computer during this time will be necessary.
- 2022 is a hybrid program—the majority of the rehearsals and performances will be VIRTUAL, yet 2-3 in person weekend gatherings will take place.
- Singing, drama, writing, drawing, musical instruments—all can be integrated! This is YOUR time to express yourself!
- This is a free program for all youth! Community Service is given to all students who participate in the full program.
- All applicants are interviewed virtually prior to participation.
- Rolling admission. Last day for applications to be submitted – February 18, 2021. Please submit as soon as possible!