The Wendt Center relies heavily on the generous contributions of volunteers! Volunteer opportunities, needs and announcements are communicated through our volunteer email group. To join this group, or for general questions concerning volunteering at the Wendt Center, email our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that for all volunteer opportunities involving children or clients, we require a recent background check on file. As a non-profit, we try to use our funds in the best way possible to meet our client needs, so we ask that volunteers pay $45 for their background check, or provide proof of a recent background check that meets Wendt Center standards.
Camp Volunteer Opportunities include:
- be a “Buddy” to a camper.
- be a Grief Group Assistant and Respite Buddy.
- help with pre-camp preparations, as part of our Camp Volunteer Committee, fundraising, administrative tasks, etc.
Admin Assistance and Office Work
Volunteers have regular opportunities to provide administrative support at the center. Volunteers assimilate various brochures, pamphlets, training materials, marketing packages and clinical files that are distributed at the Center’s NW and SE offices.
- Volunteers assist clinicians with child, teen and adult groups at main and satellite offices.
- Through our “Resilient Scholars” program, volunteers assist with onsite trauma based support groups for elementary, middle and high school students.
- Volunteers with clinical licensure or a mental health degree may have the opportunity to lead groups themselves.
- Provide administrative assistance in the office, including phones, mailings, etc.
- Lend professional artistic skills, such as music, art, playback theater, dance
- Help with art projects, graphic design, visual displays
- Assist with fundraising efforts, including the Annual Benefit and Camp Forget-Me-Not/Camp Erin DC.